Friday, May 8, 2009

Idea Development 02

After deciding the basic shape of the room , I started to research for my ways to cut my window and openings. I choose Steven Holl and Frank Lloyd Wright as my precedent study and looked at how they create the windows and openings, so that they just not look like a hole that cut through a wall.

Looking at Steven Holl work, i found this very interesting grid lines in the window framings, that joins the two different buildings level line in the middle.
Higgins Hall Centre Section by Steven Holl

The next precedent study is Frank Llyod Wright. I found that the way he treated the edges of the corner, by having a glazing. Thus the edge is sort of disappred and the building is not as bold as a box shape anymore.

Usonian Smith House by Frank Lloyd Wright


No comments: